The home is something that evolves together with its dwellers. This is the place where you can relax and let your hair down. That is why homes are designed according to your preferences. But when you come home to the same old arrangement or interior design, you get bored and eventually think about home improvement.
Do not roll your eyes just yet. You must have thought this was about expensive improvements to be done in the house. Does not necessarily be that way. There are simple ideas that you can do yourself to furnish your surroundings to give it a fresh outlook. With your own laboring hands, about $500 for materials and some equipment, you can literally transform the facade of your existing living room, kitchen, garden, bedroom, or patio. All you need is a bit of patience for you self, creativity and lots of time in your hands to get these ideas done.
1. Fresh coat of paint always brightens up any room. Be it in your bedroom or living room, there are many shades of hue that can upgrade your dreary walls to cheerful mode. If you have been in a monotonous color for the past five years in your bedroom, then put up a different color in one wall. Furnish some hanging arts on it and you can get a new look for a little than $200.
2. Buy a few fixtures for the comfort room. Come on, you know that you think of the bathroom as a place of comfort. So why not put in some relaxing fixtures like a bamboo lamp and a few scented candles? The relaxing atmosphere they create can help you smooth out your stress in the showers or in the bath tub.
3. Upgrade your cabinet and door knobs. Even if you do not mind it, the knobs on your cabinet may need a few replacement as they are being constantly used over and over again – same goes for your door knobs. Interesting models of knobs have been made available in the hard ware store. Changing the knobs and locks can even improve your home security just as long as you know where you put the new keys.
4. Curtains and draperies are the fixers. You know that changing your curtains take months or to some annually. The fabrics can fade out and they look shabby. But once you get creative and bring in some bold color fabrics in the curtain racks and draperies in the dining table, a change in perspective can become fairly easy.
5. Install an Outdoor fire pit in your yard. Sometimes, the change in your home improvement can extend to your back yard. A Fire pit can help you to stay warm while you may be entertaining guests or visitors outside the house. Grilling meat or marshmallows in the summer nights can bring that change of scenery that you need to de-stress.
These are just some of the simple ideas of home improvement. …Read more