How to protect the quality of the chimney
The main task of the insulation is not allowed to cool down the inside of the pipe and prevents hot outside. It is known that the most problematic and dangerous, this design is considered a trip through the floor and roof structures. Most fire occurred in this place, so that the insulation will not be excessive. This will reduce the temperature of the outside structure, and hence increase the safe.
Furthermore, several chimneys including aggressive chemicals that enter the condensate due to differences in temperature and material from the exhaust fume. It hurt and affect the entire chimney system, namely, is the material damage. Heating chimney increasing gas tightness, and in case of any damage, the combustion products can enter the house.
One of several popular designs with insulation for chimney is the sandwich construction
- These devices are collected at the factory. It consists of inner and outer tube, and the space between them is filled with a special hot exhaust pipe. Most often it is a glass fiber or basalt wool.
- Ceramic modular system – ready-to-install chimney systems prefabricated structures.
- And include: tires, exterior cladding and insulation.
The insulation of the chimney in accordance with the two most common methods
- Heating chimney on frame technology. To establish a special structure which is performs the function of a chimney enclosure. The gap that remains between them, filled with materials for insulation. Mainly used for asbestos cement, steel and ceramic chimneys.
- Wet method of applying a layer of insulation. As a heater used mortar with special additives. Apply for the insulation of a brick chimney.
As you can see, it’s quite simple for insulating the chimney and you’ll get:
- Longer life;
- Save the structure from possible damage;
- Will ensure the safety of owners.
Important things to consider when choosing the materials of high temp insulation
- The operating temperature of the system.
- The type of fuel that is being burned.
- Resistance of materials to heat, weather and adverse conditions.
- The thermal conductivity of the material.
- The thermal diffusivity of materials.
- The ability of the material to survive in a variety of conditions, such as heat shock, vibration and chemical attack.
- Resistance of materials to flame / fire.
- The penetration / permeability of the material.
- The total cost, including the purchase, installation and maintenance Total costs, including purchase, installation and maintenance.